Healthy Homes Standards
The Healthy Homes Standards became law on 1 July, 2019.
The Healthy Homes Standards introduce specific and minimum standards for heating, ventilation, moisture ingress and drainage, and draught-stopping in rental properties.
- All private rentals must comply within 90 days of any new or renewed tenancy after 1 July, 2021, with all private rentals complying by 1 July, 2024.
- All boarding houses must comply by 1 July, 2021.
- All houses rented by Kainga Ora (formerly Housing New Zealand) and registered Community Housing Providers must comply by 1 July, 2023
Landlords are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of their rental properties. These standards will help ensure landlords have healthier, safer properties and lower maintenance costs for their investments.
- In any room with a cook top, rangehoods installed after 1 July, 2019 must have a minimum diameter of 150mm ducting, or an exhaust capacity of at least 50 litres per second (180m3/hr) and must be vented to the outside.
- All our of Vissari Rangehoods meet these Healthy homes standards in terms of exhaust capacity, and ducting diameter.
If you have an existing Rangehood fitted before 1 July, 2019, it does not need to meet these standards and can be left in place. However, if it breaks and needs replacing, it will need to be upgraded to meet the new standards.
- In any room with a shower or bath, new fans installed after 1 July 2019 must have a minimum diameter of 120mm ducting, or an exhaust capacity of at least 25 litres per second (90m3/hr) and must be vented outside.
Talk to us regarding these new standards and how we can help you meet them.
Click below for more information: